Monday 6 October 2014

MEET THE PUBLISHER - NETHRA ANJANAPPA OF FABLERY.





Fablery endeavors to contribute a little to the literary world by bringing out the best out of every storyteller who associates himself/herself with us.
It was founded in the year 2012 by few literary enthusiasts. What started as a writing activity in association with another publication is, now, venturing into graphic novels and novellas.
- See more at: http://fablery.com/about-us/#sthash.PzrgywQT.dpFablery endeavors to contribute a little to the literary world by bringing out the best out of every storyteller who associates himself/herself with us.
Fablery endeavors to contribute a little to the literary world by bringing out the best out of every storyteller who associates himself/herself with us.
It was founded in the year 2012 by few literary enthusiasts. What started as a writing activity in association with another publication is, now, venturing into graphic novels and novellas.




Nethra is a post-graduate in Business Administration from Christ University Institute of Management and is a graduate in Computer Science & Engineering from University Visvesvarya College of Engineering-Bangalore. She is a voracious reader and a fiction writer, who puts quality writing over everything else. Her interest in good stories and writing made her start a platform, Fablery, which provides emerging and established authors a gateway into the publishing world. She is also working on her novel that she hopes to complete in the near future.  - See more at: http://fablery.com/about-us/#sthash.PzrgywQT.dpuf

NETHRA ANJANAPPA is the co-founder of Fablery. She is a post-graduate in Business Administration from Christ University Institute of Management and is a graduate in Computer Science and Technology Engineering from UVCE, Bangalore. She is a voracious reader and a fiction writer, who puts quality writing over everything else. Her interest in good stories and writing made her start this platform, Fablery, which provides emerging and established authors a gateway into the publishing world. For more information on Fablery go here.







          From Engineer to Publisher, how did this happen?

I decided to become a publisher during my engineering days. Though I quite liked coding, I knew I didn’t want to do it for the rest of my life. I wanted to startup and publishing seemed just the right thing to do as I love reading and writing as much as I love eating.

 
        When most of us 'writers' think of publishing our own novel someday, you went a step ahead by becoming a publisher at such a young age. Tell us your journey as a publisher.

It was a pain to see mediocre writing make it to the bestselling list and good writing being ignored. I am not saying I have published all topnotch writers, but from Nitin Sawant to Paulami DuttaGupta, they all are very good writers, and whatever they write is good and fun to read. We definitely have a long way to go, but we have started.

What are the expectations of an author from the publisher?

Authors expect a lot. I really wish I could do everything they hope me to do, but it doesn’t work that way. Authors must understand that their books are joint projects - between publishers and them. It is as much as their book as it is a publisher’s. Nobody is doing anybody a favour here. We all are working because we want good stories to be read.

E-Books, self-publishing and traditional publishing - Which is more challenging and why?

Traditional publishing is the most challenging one these days, so challenging that I have decided to accept self-publishing projects. E-books are still slow in India, but I have my hopes in this medium. It will definitely overtake the other two in few years. I am sure we don’t have to wait too long.

What is the future of traditional publishing?

It all depends on the readers. Whatever is popular among the readers will always sell and the writers who write these genres will always be welcomed by traditional publishers.

Till now how many books have you published under Fablery and how many are in the pipeline?

We have published two novellas so far – Lucifer’s Lungi & Ri, and two comic books – Ka Kaa & Subbu’s Code (one among them is a manga). And, we have two anthologies in the pipeline – Once Upon A time & Marijuana Dairies. Another comic book and 4 novellas. 

Tell us about Lucifer's Lungi.

As soon as I read Lucifer’s Lungi, I knew I had to publish it, because I had so much fun reading it. I was sure even others would like it. We have been getting good reviews, too. Since, it was Fablery’s first book, I couldn’t do a lot to promote it, but I definitely plan to give my all to it in the next few months.












4 comments:

  1. Hi Nethra, nice to meet you here on Janaki's blog. It must be a challenge to get into traditional publishing at such an young age. But I really must appreciate the efforts you are putting into promoting Lucifer's Lungi. Kudos! Meet you some time I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying my best. Thank you for appreciating my efforts! It really means a lot to me...

      And, sure, we will meet sometime soon. :)

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you Nethra!
    Janaki thanks for the interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I value your opinion...